Fri-Sat, May 18-19, 3pm-3pm
>> North Rockford Middle School
At our official Relay page, you can
Or you can sign up at church
- sign up to walk at a certain time
- sign up to walk in the survivor lap
- sign up to help with setup/tear down
- sign up to help with the kids’ activity (fishing pool)
- pick up a luminaria (suggested $10 donation)
If you don’t plan to walk, you are still welcome to come out not only to see us, but to
- visit over 70 tents filled with food, treats, activities, games, auctions, raffles, and more for the whole family (all proceeds go directly to the ACS)
- see the lighting of the luminaries in honor and remembrance on Friday at 9pm
- trick or treat at all tents for the kids on Saturday, 10:30am
- cheer on our cancer survivors during the Survivor Lap on Saturday at noon
Click here for the full entertainment schedule!
Relay for Life is the American Cancer Society’s signature activity, and every year our church forms a walking team, the RRC Faithwalkers. It is a fun and unique way for people to raise money for the battle against cancer right in their own communities. Team members take turns walking on the North Rockford Middle School track for 24 hours. We even have our own 24-hour walker, Ben Gandy! It’s not all work, though – teams put up tents by the track and there are plenty of fun-filled family activities. It is like an overnight mini-carnival! Both kids and adults love participating from year to year. Because it’s a relay, you are not required to be there the entire time, but it’s so fun, you’ll probably find it hard to leave!
This year’s team leader is Beth Ashendorf. If you have any questions, want to join the team, or wish to assist with fundraising, please give her a call at 616-308-4187, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the webpage listed above.