One of the local ministries that we support, New City Neighbors, runs “Breaktime” – a free summer day camp for 2nd-5th graders. The program’s success depends on the dedication of volunteers. We are hoping to gather a group of volunteers from RRC to commit to helping them out every Thursday for 7 weeks (June 21-August 2). If you would like to help out, you can sign up below. If you have any questions, please contact Audrey Shantz at 616-866-2308 or email@example.com.
Note to parents: Yes, you may bring your kids with you if you volunteer. It would be a great way to teach them about serving others!
New City Neighbors
1226 Union NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49505 (map)
Click above to see what is still available or to sign up! Easy one-time registration with signupgenius.com is required. More information will be sent to you after you sign up.
Needed each week:
- Purchase a meal for 45 people (one person or a group)
- Prepare a meal for 45 people (one person or a group)
- Reading tutor, 12:30-1:30pm (5 needed)
- Games and activities, 1:30-2pm (2 needed)
- Farm help (several needed)
- Drive the van, 9:30-10:30am, 1:30-2:30pm (one person for all 7 weeks, if possible)