To stay up-to-date with Adult news, join the “Men’s Interest” or “Women’s Interest” Group on the Table. Also check out other groups, such as “Adult Sunday School.”
First Wednesday of every month, 10am, Fellowship Hall: click to learn more
Men’s Prayer Breakfast
Tuesdays, 7-8am, Fellowship Hall: click to learn more
Moms-N-Kids Morning Out
Thursdays, 9:30-11am, various locations: click to learn more
See our Calendar page (monthly listings) for current info.
Sports & Recreation
See our Calendar page (recurring events) for current info.
Interested in starting or joining a small group? click to learn more
Adult Sunday School
Sundays, 10-10:50am: calendar (recurring events)
Men’s Bible Studies
Wednesdays, 6:45-8pm: calendar (recurring events)
Women’s Bible Studies
Periodic Classes, Conferences, and Retreats
See our Calendar page (monthly listings) for current info.
Online resources you may find helpful
RCA Today – official newsletter of the Reformed Church in America
Bible Gateway – online Bible
Biblos – Bible study tools
Re:understanding Worship – thoughts on the synergy of worship and life
Prayer Cards – daily inspirations for prayer
RRCYM Daily Devotionals
Family Mealtime Devotionals
Proverbs 31 Ministries – resources for women
Crosswalk – Christian living resources
Christian Creeds & Reformed Confessions – free app
Fruit of the Spirit Women’s Ministry
God is the source of love. Christ is the proof of love. Service is the expression of love.
- Meals & Care Ministry: Provides meals, gift cards, or care items for families in need during times of illness, grieving, or other strenuous occasions. If you become aware of someone who needs help, or if you would like to make a meal, please contact the church office, Lin Ploeg, or Sue Kalee. Organized using mealtrain.com. Coordinator: Lin Ploeg
- Prayer Shawl Ministry: Shawls are knitted (or crocheted) and prayers are made by women of the church to give to people that are having surgery, recovering from an illness, or going through some challenging times in their life. These prayer shawls are a way of sharing God’s love in a touchable way. Coordinator: Jean Boyd
- Quilting Ministry: This is a new ministry that is still being worked on. If you are interested in quilting, either already knowing how to or you want to learn, this ministry is for you. The goal of the ministry is to share God’s love by making lap quilts to give to people for illnesses, challenging times, etc. (much like the prayer shawl ministry). Coordinator: Karen Buckley
- Card Ministry: This ministry sends out cards to/for illness, sympathy, congratulations, etc. We want to let all of you know how much we care and are praying for each and every one of you. Coordinator: Doris DeGood
- Outreach Ministry: We will be collecting new items for the Care Tree Adult Day Services, which is part of the Grand Rapids Gerontology Network. This is for their Christmas celebration and is our sixth year of helping them out. More information will be coming on the types of items needed. Thank you for helping them out again this year! (They do like hats, gloves, socks, blankets. Things that will keep them warm during the winter months). Coordinator: Sue Kalee
Begins June 3!
Every other Monday • 10am-12pm
Ladies! Do you like to quilt, or would you like to learn how? Join our quilting group! We meet every other Monday in the Fellowship Hall from 10-12. Please call Karen Buckley (616-696-4944) with any questions.
All are invited to a mid-year financial update meeting this Sunday (May 19) at 10:15am in the Fireside Room. Childcare is available.
Want to host a block party?
We as a church have seen the value of hosting block parties. Please contact Audrey Shantz if you would like to host one! Everything is provided for you, and it’s a great way to meet more of your neighbors while sharing the love of Christ.
These dates are available:
July 16, 19, 22, 26, 29, 30, 31 and August 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 26-31
July 14 – August 25
Between first and second services in the Fellowship Hall
Last summer, we enjoyed a sense of community by organizing mid-service socials. Worshipers from both first and second services had a chance to meet and hang out in a casual atmosphere. It is our hope to re-create that atmosphere between our services in the months of July & August. To do that, we will need mid-service social hosts. If you or a group that you are a part of are willing to host, please contact Audrey Shantz. Available dates to host are from July 14 to August 25.
Full schedule will be posted as the slots fill up!
Rescheduled for Aug/Sept
More info will be posted when details are finalized.
The Rockford Farmers Market takes place every Saturday morning from 8am to 1pm, June through October, and is located in the South Squires Street parking lot (map).
Thursday, May 16 • 6:30-8:30pm
Remembrance Church: 4575 Remembrance Rd NW; Walker, MI 49534 (map)
Greg Yoder will give an update on how God has been working in Burkina Faso, Haiti, Zambia and Zimbabwe at 7:00 and 8:00, so come when you can!
Wednesday, May 15 • 6:30pm
Join us in the Sanctuary for a showing of Stuck. Childcare available!
Stuck is a new award-winning documentary film that uncovers the personal, real-life stories of children and parents navigating a roller coaster of bureaucracy on their journeys through the international adoption system, each filled with hope, elation – and sometimes heartbreak. Stuck steps into the complex human experience of adoption, exploring the challenges faced by birth parents, prospective adoptive parents – and children. Stuck is a testament to the power of human love and the inexplicable connection between parent and child – even when separated by thousands of miles and seemingly insurmountable obstacles. It is a love story of a different kind that celebrates the indefatigable human spirit, the loyalty and the devotion that bonds these parents and kids together as families.
Casnovia Reformed Church will be hosting a student intern in the church’s parsonage during the summer months. Before the student arrives, some work needs to be done on the house. The following is a list of work needing to be done. If you are capable and willing to work on any of the following, please contact our church office (616-866-2308) or Pastor Bryan.
- Door frame repair
- Laying carpet
- Installing window blinds and coverings
- Drywall touch up and repair
- Remove or repair bathroom cabinet and medicine cabinet
A little over a week ago, Pastor Rick asked during his sermon if you were willing to commit to regular Bible study and prayer.
We have set up a group on the Table called Bible Study & Prayer Commitment.
If you wish to indicate your commitment, simply join the group. You can use this group to post encouragements to each other, to share answers to prayer, to share tips that have worked for you in your studies, and anything else you feel led to post. Pastor Rick will also post regularly to the group.
Sundays • June through August
6:00-7:15pm at the Garden Park Stage (by the dam)
Come out and enjoy some Christian music along the banks of the Rogue River in downtown Rockford. Everyone is Welcome!
The community is invited to come out and enjoy an evening of Christian music every Sunday evening. Christian praise music will be provided by music teams from area churches and Christian bands. Join your neighbors & friends every Sunday evening at the Rockford Garden Park stage next to the dam for an evening of fellowship and praise, and maybe a family picnic!
RRC will not be playing this year, but come out and support other area churches!
- June 9: Bridgeway Community Church
- June 16: Marty Miller
- June 23: River Rock Church
- June 30: Grace Evangelical Free Church
- July 7: Grace Fellowship Church
- July 14: Keystone Community Church
- July 21: Rockford Baptist Church
- July 28: CrossWise
- August 4: Rockford United Methodist Church
- August 11: Solon Center Wesleyan Church
- August 18: Berkley Hills Wesleyan Church
- August 25: Blythefield Hills Baptist Church
> reminder card, slide, poster